Friday, November 02, 2007

Why Gender Segregation of Games is Bad

Today, indil left a comment on my post about Playhut's new virtual worlds. He writes:

Do girls play games as much as boys? Why not? Is it because girls don't like to play video games? Or is it because girls don't like to play the video games that boys like to play and boys like to play the majority of games out there right now? It's old news that boys and girls like different types of games. Tailoring a game for a specific sex to maximize the possible enjoyment of the experience is smart, not ignorant...

I started to comment back, but soon realized that I had a lot to write about the subject. It soon hit me why - I already did write a lot about the subject! The literature on girls' games is what inspired me to study female gamers for my senior thesis, and my literature review discusses the topic extensively. I am not a master of brevity, so rather than attempt to reproduce the major points found in my literature review I have uploaded it here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Hey, no fair! You can't reply by PDF! ;-)

November 03, 2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger martha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 02, 2011 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home