Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Feminism is Awesome

In case you needed proof for the above statement, I recently received some from my writing-group-mate Jamila.

Feminists Have More Fun

I knew that the crazy notion of gender equality practiced in my own romantic relationship had something to do with its success. Now I have the science to prove it!

Of course, science can't seem to get with the times, and the study is only of heterosexual couples. I want to know how feminism affects couples of other sexual orientations! Someday I hope science gets to the point where it doesn't privilege hetero couples over gay, lesbian, queer, or poly romances.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I would wait a bit before crying victory. It's not "science" until it's peer reviewed and the findings duplicated.

Random question that popped into my head at the mention of homosexuality: are there documented cases of homosexuality in other mammals?

November 02, 2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

In regards to your first comment, the study was published in an online version of Sex Roles, a scholarly journal. Thus, I am assuming that it was peer reviewed. I will concede that the data may not have been duplicated by any other studies yet, but I think the findings are based on a sound analysis.

In regards to your second statement (or question), I've heard that Evolution's Rainbow is a good book on the subject. It covers gender and sexuality, and makes the point that science sometimes (I would say often) proves what society already believes to be true.

November 02, 2007 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home