Friday, October 12, 2007

"Eighty million years without sex"

With a headline like that, how can you resist reading a science and nature article on the BBC News website?

The question that accompanies this article: Would eighty million years of no sex be a life worth living?

Of course it probably doesn't matter for the creature being studied, since said creature doesn't have the biological makeup necessary to engage in sexual activity, and therefore doesn't know what it's missing. But, forget that for right now, and imagine that somebody (a trustworthy somebody) shows up on your front door and offers you almost eternal life, but the catch is that you can never have sex again.

For those of you who don't feel the need to broadcast your answer on my blog, I think it's still a question worth pondering internally or with a partner.

My answer? I would slam the door in the guy's face!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

I would be interested to know who would agree to that...Lets also not forget that even if you live 50 bagillion years all of your friends, spouse, children, children's children would be dead. Who would you hang out with?

Not to mention who would want to have sex with someone who was like a bagillion years old anyway?

Yea I think I would have to pass. 100 years is plenty for me.

October 12, 2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Janine said...

Door slammage it is! And may I say that I'm glad to see that my daughter has the right attitude. Gadzooks, eighty million years? I'm not sure I'd give up eight years...hell, eight months seems bad. I better stop right here.

October 12, 2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Sure, you wouldn't be able to have sex, but think of all the meaningful relationships you can have with your graduated cylinders and pencils! The sky's the limit! This sounds like a question from the game Would You Rather.

October 14, 2007 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home